Wednesday, November 19, 2008

with life, comes death... and many other things

As I have talked about recently, my dog had to be put to sleep.
For the first time in my life, death didn't seem quite so strange and difficult to really grasp.
the later parts of my dogs life I could look into his eyes and see true emotion.
It is almost as if I could see his soul and understand him for the first time ever.
I could just see the pain and sadness in his eyes. he layed around a lot due to the arthritis he developed and I think it bothered him in a psychological way.
having experienced this... I feel all living things have a soul and a state of consciousness.
which I also think explains why there are so many different types of people and species on this Earth. we are all mean't to work together toward something greater than ourselves and this place we all call Earth. I don't know what it is, but I know that someday we will all get there.

1 comment:

Alix said...

This reminded me of The Golden Compass...


which I still have.